Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Teeth!!

Today was my final appointment at the dentist... getting 3 bridges fitted ... 11 teeth! There go all my savings! But at WAY less than I would have to pay for the same work at home. Yea!!

I have avoided going to the dentist for about 40 years and my teeth were in a sad state... so many broken or missing and a week ago I decided to bite the bullet and go and see Cường, a very friendly dentist whose surgery is on my way to school.  I expected the work to take many visits and several weeks, but he did it all in one week!   Mind you, I was in the chair for up to 4 hours at a stretch (4 times) so it was a pretty exhausting process, but that's all water under the bridge now and I have a fresh new smile and plenty of chewing teeth again.

This is a no frills surgery .. no receptionist, no dental nurse, no appointment necessary, but modern equipment, a tech lab upstairs and big glass doors to see what's going past outside in the street if you have the opportunity to turn your head!!  Cường is painstakingly meticulous and he crafted my beautiful new teeth out of highest grade German porcelain - Vita Laserdenta - and I have a 10 year guarantee card that is recognised world wide ... woo-oo!  So I am happy.
He even gave me a ride home several times, and picked me up for my appointments!!  Can't imagine a dentist in Australia ever going to such great lengths to look after a patient!!  (Even if it was good advertising ...  LOL)





No comments:

Post a Comment