Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Never judge a book by it's cover...

This afternoon, just before I had to teach, Sáng picked me up and took me to eat Bánh Bèo on the street not far from VAIE. This little street restaurant only sells it in the afternoons - 3pm till they run out around 5.30pm.
  
I know it doesn't look at all appetising to western eyes, but it smells delicious and tastes absolutely amazing... another fabulous comfort food!  Sáng said his mother makes it... I hope I can find someone who can teach Katie how do cook it .. we can get banana leaves from Lockie's mate, Holgarth... rice flour, minced pork, wood ear mushrooms, parsley and chives ... all the ingredients are available at home...

Yet another thing to add to the ever-growing list of things for Katie, Hannah and Adam to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment