Friday, August 3, 2012

Now I've been to Metro

There is a huge bulk warehouse style supermarket here called Metro. The Wednesday girls here all shop there, because they have a better butchery section than anywhere else and a wide variety of goods. But I've never been until today!  Becki and Gene are cooking roast beef for a farewell dinner for Emma tomorrow night and they invited me to join them in a shopping expedition to Metro. It's on the other side of the city from here, so it seems a fair hike to get there. Our taxi driver was pretty stoked to get the 2 way trip + waiting time.

Huge




  

  

I found the seafood section fascinating because I didn't even recognise any of the fish varieties on offer.


All I had on my shopping list were AA batteries for my clock and cream for tomorrow night's dessert. But I managed to find more goodies to buy... including a block of Gouda cheese and some Revlon hair colour - yeaa! 

So now I can say I've been to Metro.








No comments:

Post a Comment