Monday, September 8, 2014

Little Hanoi Diamond

Today Katie began her last assignment for this session, the last one for her third year and she was really struggling to get her head around it, so I spent most of the morning on skype acting as her sounding board till she managed to begin to make some headway. No wonder she was finding it difficult, she had been up most of the night with Jordan being sick, and now Bailey was coming down with the same virus, so both of them were home from school needing her attention as well. 

After lunch, I rang Little Hanoi Diamond Hotel to reserve a room for the night and packed an overnight bag. It was nearly 4pm before I caught a bus to Hà Nội and I arrived at the hotel at about 7:30.  Dũng was on the reception desk when I walked in and I received a warm welcome when he recognised me. I have stayed here many times now over the past few years. We had a chat for a while and he showed me photos of his new baby daughter - just gorgeous, of course!   He gave me an upgraded room overlooking the street on the third floor which was very comfortable.


Tonight the city is celebrating the Mid-Autumn Festival and I could hear drumming and crowds oohing and aahing in the streets nearby, but I didn't go out, for Katie was on skype labouring away on her assignment and we were gradually getting it done. By the time she called it a night it was after 1am Coffs Harbour time and after 10pm here and I was happy to fall asleep myself!









No comments:

Post a Comment