Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The view, another farewell and a birthday party!

Now it's three days in a row that I have been up to Universal Cafe for a fresh juice!  This time I went with dear friends, Tiên and Thảo at 8am. They, too, were blown away by the views. I can't remember how many floors up we are...






Tiên had a morning off work... a rare occasion... so it was very precious to spend the morning with him.  Thảo hasn't graduated yet, so she still has a more flexible schedule. We talked again about the concept of Network Marketing, but it is very difficult to apply the principles of professional networking in a culture that is rife with bribery and corruption. Many people here have been burned by unscroupulous people making exaggerated claims from unstable companies. They are wise to be cautious.

I have boxes of Shakes that finally arrived only this week...Trang had promised to pick them up for me from Malaysia 6 weeks ago, but let me down. Now I have product that I won't be using and it's too heavy to take home, so I have been giving it away....



Today was my last NPCEC Wednesday afternoon class, and Hùng, the new President gave me a gorgeous bocquet of flowers ...


And we lined up for a class photo....beautiful, faithful Madame Tra rarely misses a class.  Lan and Dat Have also been regulars for 4 years, and has Trung Ho ...  and now a crop of new friends to add to my list!





  
My consolation today is that tomorrow is the big Teachers' Day outing, so I will be spending the day with a large crowd of NPCEC students and teachers.


Today is also Hiếu's birthday, so he invited me to join him and a few friends for dinner and a drink near the lake.    















He had lovely friends, and all of them are very proficient at English, so I had the rare pleasure of being able to fully participate in the conversation. As you can see, there is lots of laughter and lighthearted banter. Nelly was a bit out of sorts, but the rest of us had great fun.  Rosie drove me home... a wise move considering the amount of alcohol the boys were consuming! There is no restrictions here for driving drunk, so there is no social conscience when it comes to that. I guess at night, road users are all pretty used to inebriated riders/drivers and just give them a wide berth.

I invited Hiếu and Nelly to come with me and Chin to Hà Nội tomorrow afternoon... I am paying to the car anyway and an extra room at Little Hanoi Diamond so it was an opportunity if they wanted to take it.... we'll see.....


   



No comments:

Post a Comment