Thursday, September 1, 2011

Caelyn Viveen Rope

THURSDAY 1st September

One week ago today my fourth grandchild was born!!! Gemma endured a long, difficult labour, poor darling, ... Katie kept me posted as things progressed (or not...). I had just arrived at school on Wednesday when Katie rang to say that Gemma had gone to the hospital. I woke up a few times during the night, but there was no news. When I got to school on Thursday there was still no news, so all I could do was sit tight and pray. I'm so grateful that I wasn't in class yet... I would have been way too distracted to teach!  Katie was waiting and rang me immediately when Greg came out to tell us that they had an absolutely beautiful, healthy baby girl. As you can imagine, there were plenty of tears of joy... but my beautiful colleagues here shared my delight. Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, I even got to see photos straight away... Katie sent them from her phone while she was still at the hospital!
This is Caelyn Viveen Rope... born 25th August, 2011


As you can see, she's not tiny! I'm not sure what her birth weight was exactly, but I think Katie said 3.7 Kg... 8lb 3oz

And this is the Rope family:
Greg, Gemma and Caelyn Rope

Bailey and Jordan were busting to meet Aunty Gemma's baby, and it seemed like a very long wait for them, but when the finally got to meet her they were so excited.. They couldn't wait to tell me how beautiful she is.

So now Gemma and Caelyn are home and settled, and this Father's Day will be such an answer to prayer for Greg... a beautiful daughter.



Caelyn - 5 days old, and Great Grandma Nancy - 91 years old!


Caelyn will be 9 weeks and 3 days old before I get to hold her... so I just have suck it up and look forward to it and be content with the pics and videos Katie sends me.  (How ever would I survive without my Katie??).

No comments:

Post a Comment