Friday, June 15, 2012

The one time I go out without my handbag...

Will was busy today, so Khánh came over here for my Vietnamese lesson.  When it was time for lunch I decided to leave my bag at home and just stuffed 50,000 dong ($2.50) and my house keys into my pocket. We headed off having one of those "Where would you like to go?"  "Oh I'm not fussy... where would you like to go?" type of conversations as we went in a different direction than usual. Neither of us were familiar with that area, when I recognised a restaurant that Will had pointed out the other day as one that looks nice and is always busy, so we pulled up there and went in. It smelled fabulous and there were many well dressed customers. We went in and sat down and I realised I only had enough money for our typical phở bò restaurant, or bánh cuốn or bún chả street food and turns out that today Khánh was in the same boat!  As soon as checked the menu we realised there was no way we could afford this place today, so we had to make our excuses and try to bow out gracefully. It was very funny, but we really will have to go back soon because we told them we'd be back....

We ended up back at the usual and had delicious cam rang (fried rice) and cucumber for 25,000 dong. Memo to self: Just take your bag!!






No comments:

Post a Comment