Saturday, November 17, 2012

Katie, Hannah and Adam hit Hải Phòng

Saturday morning - after two days in Hà Nội, it was time to get back to Hải Phòng ... I had classes to teach and Katie was busting to meet old and new friends.  I took these pics out the window of our hotel as the sun was rising - my body clock is up and ready for walking at 5.30am regardless...

We caught the train - more comfortable than a coach. Comfortable enough for a doze...


How cute are these little kids - fascinated by the strange looking foreigners!

   

So we were home at last!  And Hannah and Adam got to see for themselves what had been just photos.

   

By then it was lunch-time, so we walked around the corner to our local phở restaurant - and bumped into John and Melissa!

We ordered our usual fare... cheap and delicious.

    phở xào

  cơm rang

I had classes 3-5, 5.30-7.30 and 7.30-9.30pm so I went to work while the others settled in and Khánh and Xuân showed them around the neighbourhood...

 

They had Bún Chả, and bought beer from the local ...


... as well as a birthday cake for Katie. (she and Hannah have a long-standing tradition of celebrating Katie's birthday one month early).  When I came home from work we lit the candles and sang Happy Unbirthday...




I came home with these gorgeous flowers - a gift for Teachers' Day from my level One class... stunning , eh?






No comments:

Post a Comment