Monday, October 10, 2011

This time it's my farewell dinner

SUNDAY 9th October

Tonight it was my turn to have a farewell dinner with the teachers at VAIE. We met at the school after classes finished and headed into the city centre to go to Lẩu Tứ Xuyên - the hot pot restaurant where I enjoyed a welcome dinner seven months ago. As usual there were several things to celebrate... goodbye for both me and Tommy - he's heading for New York next week, having been offered a job there, and welcome to Nina, a new teacher from Norway...
Becki and Nina
Gene, me, Sun and Linh
That's Tommy and Tony

First up we had a BarBQ with a variety of meats and fish

Then a hot pot with vegies and noodles and the rest of the meats
the broth was absolutely delicious

Everywhere Gene goes, she attracts little children... tonight was no different. This little girl came over from another table to give her a cuddle!

She didn't say a word, just snuggled into Gene for a few minutes, then went back to her parents on the other side of the restaurant!

The camera was passed around, and we took lots of photos
Gene, Lina and me


Linh and Sun

Oscar


Oscar and Ann


with beautiful Lina


and  Ann ... both of them completed their Masters Degrees this week!  I am going to miss these dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment