Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dave left... but I scored his room!

TUESDAY 31st May

Dave left two weeks ago, but I have been too flat out to get to my blog so this post comes long after the event. It was sad to see him go... many of his students were in tears and everyone here hopes he'll return. He's headed back to England to catch up with family and teach in a summer camp for a couple of months, then he's off to teach in an orphanage in Tanzanier, right near Mt Kilamanjaro on the Serengetti Plain... how fabulous would that be??
(now you can see why I whinged about the tailoring on my pants.. aren't they awful!!)
Into the taxi and off to the airport... that'll be me one day...
It was a week before I found the time to shift from my little room into Dave's old room, and this morning I finally got around to taking some photos.
As you can see, it's twice as big - even a double bed - and it has a balcony!!
This is the view from my balcony, which faces east, with trees in the distance!
This window doesn't open, but there's plenty of room to spread - even the desk's bigger

And there's an ensuite, too

This room will cost me more. My rent on the small room was $15 a month. This one will cost me all of $40 a month. On top of that I pay for water, electricity and cable TV. All up I spend $100 a month on accommodation, and $250 on food, transport and entertainment (but them I don't go out much...)

No comments:

Post a Comment