Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Two different restaurants

Yesterday the Wednesday Texas BarBQ girls met on Tuesday to say farewell to Helle, who is moving to Qingdao (pronounced Chingzow) in China on Friday. When we got to the end of our meal (the food is delicious there) several of us handed our cameras to the owner, who kindly obliged by taking photos.... except by the time he picked up my camera Helle had jumped up to take some for herself, so she isn't in mine!  Anyway...
... this is 10 month old Sam and his Mum, Hannah from England, me, Caroline from Belgium, Maritha from Sweden, Birthe from Denmark (who sadly will also be leaving us very soon), Andrea from Chile, and Rebeka, also from Denmark.  Sam is toddling and took a tumble yesterday, so he has a bump on his eyebrow.
He is the most placid baby I've ever seen. He sits there happily while we have lunch and as soon as the waitresses get a chance they pick him up and cart him around fussing over him, passing him from one to the other and he just takes it all in his stride. He's starting to make noises and has a gorgeous smile...


Today I had a completely different restaurant experience. After the church class Khánh and I went to the local bookshop to get some cardboard for backing my flashcards for the Kindy class, then we stopped off on the way home for Chè Thập Cẩm.  I don't know how to describe it... a mixture of yummy things in a glass with crushed ice.

I came here once before with the church class students when I first met them. It is very popular with the students, but at this time there were only a few, because most people are home having lunch with their families.

This is the family from the restaurant eating their lunch together at the back of the room.

Like I said, Chè Thập Cẩm is quite delicious and refreshing. I can understand why it is so popular. You eat all the yummy lumpy bits with the spoon, then drink the liquid... simply scrumptious...







No comments:

Post a Comment